Friday, August 31, 2007

Almost Sept. Already

Again, it has been months since I've posted anything, and in that time so much has happened. First, I got an A in that Psychology class I was taking, which was very exciting. Selah is fully crawling now. Genesis is my joy as always.

Less exciting is that we found out that my mom has cancer, again! And to top that off the same week my parent's found out about Mom's cancer, my dad's employer of almost thirty years, decides that it would be financial beneficial to lay my dad off just about three years before retirement. So now Mom is sick and Dad is unemployed. So at their request the girls and I flew to the states and have been here close to two months. In a couple of days Srikant will come and join us for the last 10 days of our stay.

My mom's cancer seems to be improving. The tumors were wrapped around her syatic nerve causeing a great deal of pain, but that pain has reduced. Unfortunatly, she has become extremely weak and unable to use her legs, so they have admited her in the hospital for a closer watch. Long term, they expect complete remission of the cancer, but we will have to see if she will get her legs back. This is expecially difficult since my parents live in a raised ranch and it is impossible to get in and out without stairs.

My dad is looking for work while keeping regular vigial over my mom. It has been really tough. (By the way for anyone who may happen to know my grandmother, they don't want to worry her, so she doesn't know about Dad's work situation). He is a good man though and loves her immensely.

At the end of the month (Sept) my brother and his wife are planning on moving in with my folks for a while. I hope that they will be able to help my parents since I really must get my girls home.

Anyway, the girls and I are anxious to get home and back to our lives. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful life in Belgium. I feel guilty about leaving when mom is still so sick but everyone who is close to me assures me that I have done above and beyond and that there is nothing more I can do and that it is important to get Genesis back to her life. As you can see, I must keep reminding myself of this. Please continue to pray for my parents and myself and my little girls too.

No comments: